Sunday, April 14, 2013

Google TV - Authentication Error Resolved - Upgraded to Android 3.2

I got a free Google TV in 2010. It was fun to play with. And in 2011, it gave me an upgrade to Android 3.1. It was extremely nice. However, today, when I hooked this Google TV again. It prompts me the Google Talk failed to login error and doesn't allow me to login the Market (now should be Google play).

I tried the some web users suggested two way verification. I got no luck. Even I created another Google account, it still gives me the same error. And because of this authentication error. It doesn't allow the Google TV to upgrade the software to the latest Android software, 3.2 I believe. Simply get me stuck in the middle.

Google for a while, it lands me to this page. http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/mobile/m1l8Sw4hnmY

Below steps work for me. It is in "Manage Application" under "Setting" of Google TV. When I go to Above->System Upgrade again, it shows me the screen to download the latest software (211MB).


da da.... The Google TV is upgraded to Android 3.2 and re-live again. :)


Follow the steps below to if you are experiencing issues with downloading apps from the Android market:

1. Open the Market app and press the home button in the upper left corner to return to homepage
2. Go to Settings \ Applications \ Manage \ Running
3. Press "Market"
4. Press "Clear cache" (do not clear data)
5. Press "Force stop"
6. Return to "Settings \ Applications \ Manage \ Running"
7. Press "Google Services Framework"
8. Press "Clear Data"
9. Press "Force Stop"
10. Go back to home screen and press Market app to Start Google Market, it will give an error message
11. Shut off and turn the tablet back on; once back Market should work, if it gives an error it could need another minute to work
12. At this point the Market should work

1 comment:

  1. Google has a big name and if this is happening, then, according to me it's perfect. By this Google can maintain its worth.

    ReplyDelete